Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Moriah's Letter of Victory


Praise Him! Today’s Letter of Victory comes from Sis. Moriah Calderon. We love seeing the amazing things God is doing in Moriah’s life! We are so glad that she has decided to answer Gods call for her life as she defines the word ‘fearless.’ Be blessed!

PTL sisters

I know all of us love sharing our victories, however it's not as easy sharing our failures. So while I have so many victories to share, I would like to begin with my down falls.
I have made so many mistakes in my life. I've lied, gossiped, rebelled against my parents, and done many more things countless times. Yet God still continues to find me in that place and save me, over and over again. Being a pastor's/minister's kid has never been easy. It brings a lot of unwanted attention, criticism, and holds you at a high standard...sometimes too high! Growing up, I always felt that I was never good enough. Never good enough for my parents, my church, and even God. I was VERY insecure. I didn't realize until recently, but I seek attention from guys. I mean, I wouldn't date everyone, but if a guy said I was pretty it was the biggest thing in the world! I was searching for validation and love in all the wrong places!

One day things changed though. God called me out of my mess and gave me purpose. At Youth Advance 2011 God showed me a glimpse of what my calling was. It was incredible. I thought to myself, “Me a missionary? No way God!” And He told me, "Wait and see. You can't even begin to fathom the plans I have for you.” From there on out everything was different. I didn't care about what guys thought of me.  I felt no need to gossip or put other girls down to make myself feel better. I KNEW that my identity was found in Christ and in Him alone.

Since then I've had the blessing of traveling to Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, and Cambodia to share the love of God. Every time I'm in a new country I remember where God brought me from.
I’ve still made mistakes. I've still lied, gossiped, and rebelled against my parents. But it's different now. That's not my way of life anymore. When those things happen I know to go and seek the face of God. I'm not defined by my mistakes anymore. Instead, I'm defined by my God. The one who gave it ALL just to call me His own.

Thank you so much for sharing Moriah! We are praying for you and your ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment